I need setting buddies, just put eggs in the incubator!! 1/14/13

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dotshines, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Dotshines

Dotshines Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    McAlpin, Fl
    I am so excited. I just set RIR eggs. It has been awhile since I had eggs. I can't wait.

2. maidenwolfx80

maidenwolfx80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    I just set mine on the 11th. 20 eggs from my own girls. Just some mixed breeds and EE's but I love my mixes. The wait is terrible. This is a brand new incubator with turner and thermostat so all I gotta do is monitor and wait. [​IMG]

3. LuvMyRoo

LuvMyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2012
    I should be getting some today and will set them tom :)

4. Dotshines

Feb 3, 2009
    McAlpin, Fl
    I got my eggs from a neighbor. I don't have any girls laying yet.

5. Oakieridge

Oakieridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2012
    Lincoln Co., OK
    I want to set some today but trying to wait until I have 3 dozen Black Star eggs to set but not sure I can hold out that long. I set a tray of eggs last week but really wanted to set another tray today, lol.

6. Dotshines

Feb 3, 2009
    McAlpin, Fl
    I was very lucky to get all my eggs at once from my neighbor and very quick. lol once I got the idea to set eggs I wanted to do it right away. I just love chickens. [​IMG] I had to give my chickens away a few years ago because I was working so much and didn't have time. But now that I have been out of work I have plenty of time for chickens. [​IMG] I have one Americana hen, one speckled sussex rooster. Then I got one roo and three hens that are Seramas. They are the cutest lillte things. They are all 4 months old except for my Americana. She is my old girl. I want to have a mixed flock of hens so I can have some of everything and be able to tell my girls apart.

7. maidenwolfx80

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    It is addictive for sure. I just love my chickens.
    I have been looking for seremas and everybody is charging outrageous amounts for them.

8. Dotshines

Feb 3, 2009
    McAlpin, Fl
    I found my seramas on craigslist and the lady lives right near me. She sells them for a really good price and I was so excited to get they. They are the cutiest little things . I can't wait for them to start laying.

9. maidenwolfx80

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    I love bantams and wanted to add them to my bantam flock. I want to find hatching eggs. I think that would be a lower price

10. LuvMyRoo

LuvMyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2012
    I love the speckled sussex....might be looking to hatch them next!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by