I need some bantam experts here!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by heathersboers, Jan 6, 2011.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    I bought quite a few dozen mixed up but purebred bantam eggs from a friend and my sister, and they all came out at once-They both had a nice mix of bantams.I know NOTHING about bantam chick coloring-I was so hoping to be able to separate the breeds- Can you gals/guys help please??? I even got a few self blue (lavender) clean legged ones-what can they be??

I am thinking BB red OEGB or duckwing on the chipmunk looking ones, and the black look like black japanese?? maybe??
    [​IMG]

These are all feather legged- Dont make me lie! I know she had silkies, cochins,d-uccle, but I dont know...
    [​IMG]

I love these lil boogers!! maybe Siver seabrights -please?????

[​IMG]

2. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    the silkies will have extra toes and dark skin. d'uncles (sp) will have beards. do any have rose combs instead of straight ?

3. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    chipmunks are lookin like OEGBs atleast that is what my boy looked like at that age. The second pic I would say if they are feather legged and dont have an extra toe they are probably cochin, I have several babies out in the yard that look similar and mine are all cochin mixes. The third they certainly look like silver seabrights but I am not an expert on that because I had golden seabrights. Soooooo that is what I think.

4. Crickett B

Crickett B Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2010
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    Quote:Mine looked like that too

5. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    OK- I have 3 silkies unless I missed a few-I have over 100 of these lil butts- i didnt expect a 95% hatch rate [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:do the white ones in the second photo have feathered legs? I was referring to the black ones when I answered LOL.

7. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    In pic 1- the chipmunks have single combs and half the black ones have single and the other half rose.
    I have 4 snow white ones clean legged that have rose combs
    4 lavender looking clean legged ones with a orangey-yellow head
    one black one with white wing tips and white belly-has 2 cute white fluffy spots on its head

8. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Quote:do the white ones in the second photo have feathered legs? I was referring to the black ones when I answered LOL.

All the ones in the 2nd photo have feathered legs-there are 4 of the all white ones = then there are 2 that are lav with buff heads

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  9. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA

All the ones in the 2nd photo have feathered legs-there are 4 of the all white ones = then there are 2 that are lav with buff heads

I think they are probably cochin then but not for sure on those the black ones may be either blue or black cochins and the ones in the first I stand firm on oegb if you had any white ones that were clean legged with straight combs I would say they were oegb too. but definately the chipmunks are for sure!

10. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    my chipmunk oegb that looked just like your when he was little looked like this once he was a fully feathered juvie and the white ones are oegb too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by