I Need Some Chicks, Man!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Tortoise Rescue, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Tortoise Rescue

Tortoise Rescue New Egg

Mar 5, 2013
    My name is Henny Backus. I think I am a Rhode Island Red rooster. I was named after TV star Jim Backus's now deceased widow since my current parents knew her and loved her. I live in beautiful Malibu, CA.

I am looking for some chicks, man! I may be young at just about four - six months old, but I am handsome, smart and put one wing down when I see Susan, my keeper, which means I love her. I love attention, wild bird seed, oatmeal, worms and dried cranberries. I’m big and beautiful and looking for a forever home.

My owners love me but I have a problem even rehab won’t fix. I peck the tortoises that live with me on the head and one almost lost an eye – I am so confused. I don’t know if I think they are sexy or I just hate turtles. My owner says it is just too dangerous for the rescue tortoises so she is very sorry because she loves me, but I have to find a new home. I need a home with some chicks man. I love ‘em.

I was rescued from Pacific Coast Hwy and Zuma Beach in Malibu with five other roosters some idiot dumped.

Send my owner an email if you are interested at [email protected]. And check out my hot looking crop and my gorgeous feathers. I am a stud, man. (PS - Stew pots need not apply.)

Love, Henny Backus
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Good luck finding a home! I would take him but already have 4 roosters. Trying to regime a silkie roo myself....

3. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] good luck with finding some chicks, man! My girls would love you but no boys allowed in my neighborhood.

4. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    :welcome

5. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
  6. Tortoise Rescue

Tortoise Rescue New Egg