I posted about this a few days ago, and I'm still unsure (although the answers were very helpful!). I'd really like some more answers, and instructions to ease my stress level a little bit. This is my first experience with illness ever, and I haven't even had chickens for a year yet. Just to be clear, culling her is not an option in my mind at this moment in time. So here's the deal... On Wednesday I noticed my 30ish week old Buff Brahma hen had bubbly eyes, and a sneeze. That night I heard her breathing was a bit congested. I separated her from my three other chickens (two other younger hens and a rooster) and brought her inside. Every night since then I have kept her in a small dog crate in my basement away from the freezing Massachusetts weather. Every morning, however, I bring her outside in a roofed fenced in area where she can run around outside. Thursday night I started her on Duramycin 10. After seeing this on a website (HenCam?) I put 1/4 tsp of the powder in a quart of water and made sure she drank it whenever I saw her. So its definitely getting in her system. I've made sure that one waterer is refreshed at night and the other in the morning (both have the antibiotics) so its definitely getting changed every 24 hours. Since Friday she has very very gradually become less congested. But its not really happening as fast as I think it ought to. I also haven't gotten any eggs from her since Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure she's never been much of a layer. Her symptoms and behaviors at this moment include: Watery eyes (a little less bubbly than Wednesday), congestion and sneezing especially when excited/stressed, normal eating, normal drinking, no egg laying so far My Questions: Am I dosing her correctly? Should it be a higher concentration? Is this antibiotic working as fast as it should? I've given her yogurt, is this bad? Should I avoid giving her yogurt and scrambled eggs? If she doesn't heal at the end of the seven day period (today was day 4) what do I do? Do I try and find a different antibiotic? Or just wait it out without the help of antibiotics? Should I try an find a veterinarian? Would keeping her all cooped up in the small dog crate in the basement during the day be better than letting her outside to run around in the cold?