I need some help with a law in 18512 Throop PA...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ButtonQuailBoy, Jul 6, 2008.

1. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    I need some help w/ a local law concerning my new hens...I have 2 chicks...they are hens but I need to find out how I can buy a permit for 18512 Throop PA or something...I basically rescued these chicks...they were all alone in my local agway and were in there with 4 dead ones...I saved them and now I want to keep them *hugs chickens* I need someone to research how to either obtain a permit from someone in PA or fight for my little ones to stay with me...I need help becuase I'll be in big trouble if this isn't fiugured out quick...P.S. I'm only 16 w/ little to no support from my parents so they won't do me any good...thank you! I need help quick!

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    i would start with your town hall, i think your in a pretty small community?? just ask who you talk to about code enforcemement or muncipal code and just ask generic questions about keeping chickens.

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    FYI..your parents would have to be the one to fight for them. No town hall or borough committee will listen to a minor for a code change or offer a permit either. Just thought you should be prepared for that. You need to get your parents buy-in first.

Jody

4. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Are you certain it is against the code to have them? I mean you have an Agway, surely you arent the only one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by