i need some help :(

Kasie

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 17, 2010
i have a very sweet little chicken who is horriable looking.... out of 24 eggs it was only him and two others that hatched. now i am new to the whole chick thing but i am learning a lot. i have him set seperatly from the others because the others chicks started pulling out his butt feathers he is about 4 days old and he has a crusted up butt. i have taken a warm rag to his butt and he is able to get poop out but it is extremly raw red and crusted over. what can i put on there to ease the llittle guys pain? he also is not interested in eating he only drinkss if i put his beak in the water. i have some egg in the cage for him but he wont touch it. when he is standing its like he is to weaak to stand or something because his head drops to the floor..... if that makes since.....
he.gif
i am very frustrated right now because i dont know what to do and i am trying everything
barnie.gif
i dont want to lose my little one hes very adorable..... i am pretty sure he is a silkie chick there were two different breeds in the incubator there was 12 silkies and 12 red sexlings any advise would be truely appreciated i am keeping my fingers crossed that he lives
fl.gif
thank u for all of the help
hugs.gif

Oh, poor little thing! Keep up with cleaning his butt as necessary, and apply a little vaseline or neosporin after it is clean and dry. Make some sugar water for him and dip the tip of his beak in to encourage him to drink. If you can get to the store for some PolyViSol infant vitamins -without iron- you can drip a little on his beak. Make sure to stay away from the nostrils.

Back
Top Bottom