i need some help :(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kasie, May 25, 2010.

1. Kasie

Kasie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2010
    so i am new to the chick thing. i love it! i love my little chicks! we had a class project where we had to hatch eggs well the first time we only had 1 live but she died three weeks after hatched...the second time we had 4 live they are off on a farm now doing there chick thing [​IMG] those 4 were very sick and i was able to bring them home and beef them up and they are doing awesome! BUT we tried in my class a third time to hatch some eggs only 3 out of the 24 lived the others were infertile [​IMG] now 2 of the three are doing great! they are strong and are almost 5 days old but the other one the smallest one isnt doing so good..... i now have him at my house.... he has a very crusted up butt i was able to clean his back half off eneough that he can poop now but the crusty stuff is still there also the other chicks had began to pull his butt feathers out so i seperated them thats why he is at my house.... i dont want to lose him hes very sweet hes a lover [​IMG] he is now not eating he only drinks if i put his beak in the water.... he seems so weak and all he does is stand there and put his head down (if that makes any since) [​IMG] im trying everything but i am hitting a wall right now any help would be so appreciated i am trying my best i really am im just stuck right now [​IMG]

2. drunkdog

drunkdog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Everett
    I know nothing but from what I have read here it seems maybe some Apple Cider Vinegar or sugar water? maybe ....hopefully someone more usefull comes along sorry

3. Kasie

Kasie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2010
    any advise is appreciated thank u so much! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by