I need some HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Alexander, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Alexander

Alexander Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    Guys,my dad just told me that a fox jumped into our property last night and she ate some of my rabbits!Thank god she didnt got any of my chickens because my coop is really secure.

What should I do?Should I poison her?I have done that before and had some really good results but I am afraid that a dog might eat the poison.

I think I should place an electric fence.Can anyone send me any links with electric fences that are good?

Thank you in advance and if you have any other ideas please let me know because she will sure come again tonight!

How the hell can a fox jump over a 1.5m tall fence? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    http://www.premier1supplies.com/fencing.php?species_id=6&
    Premier
    is the best you can go with....they don't try to screw you over and their fencing can take a hit and keep coming back!!!! great company with great products and fencing!
    and yes a fox can just high.....do beware. until you can get your fence, you may want to put the little guys somewhere else at night

Best Wishes,

--laura--

3. Alexander

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    The thing is that I am in europe so I have to search for someone that imports these here.I cant get the rabbits anywhere because i cant catch them.They are pretty wild and I free range in 1 and a half acre so.

I will see what I can do.

Thank you for your reply.

4. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

Giving the rabbits a good cover to hide in is a easy start. Not to say it can't occur but I find it hard to believe a red fox jumped a 5 foot fence, they prefer to dig under, maybe a grey fox climbed it or it's something else. Seen fox jump up to get a grouse on a limb but not high jump a fence.

Would topping the fence with barbed wire or tilting the fence outward help?

How about a large covered run for the chickens that is skirted ON BOTH SIDES, to prevent digging in and rabbits digging out, and as you catch or live trap the rabbits, put them in it. With a coop that is raised the rabbits cannot access the chicken feed but your on your own keeping the chickens out of the rabbit feed.

5. Alexander

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    My rabbits have a lot of places to hide.
    I noticed that she killed only one and she could not throw it over the fence so she got out and then tried to squeeze the rabbit out of the small holes of the fence and she ruined my fence a little bit. [​IMG]

I am going to buy an electric fence but for tonight poison will do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by