I need some help.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Shenanigans80, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Shenanigans80

Shenanigans80 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2013
    Grays Harbor County
    I got a group of 6 birds that are now between 6-7 months old. 1 is for sure a rooster and a second is looking more like a rooster, and 2 are for sure pullets. Then there is this one. I'm having a hard time as he/she is rumpless. They are mixed breed birds with at least 5 different breeds. Is this little love a roo or pullet? I will try to get a better pic

[​IMG] asap.

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Rooster

3. Shenanigans80

Jul 23, 2013
    Grays Harbor County
    That's what I was thinking too, but I was really hoping somehow pullet. I just can't believe the size different between their brother who is a rooster and the rest of them. Ill try to get aa pic of him up if I can get one. He's a good looking boy.

4. Shenanigans80

Jul 23, 2013
    Grays Harbor County
    Here are 2 more, the same age siblings to my little rumpless guy. 1 for sure is a roo, and I'm thinking the second one is as well. But why such a big difference in the size if they are both roos of the same age? Could it be because of the different breeds they are mixed with? (The date on my camera is wrong.)

[​IMG]

This is the rumpless and its sibling that I am thinking is also a roo.
    [​IMG]

5. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

You are right, he is definitely a rooster from the feathering and comb size/redness. They look like they could have been crossed with a Delaware.

6. Shenanigans80

Jul 23, 2013
    Grays Harbor County
    There were 5 different breeds. The ones I can remember are americauna, delaware and new hampshire.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by