I need some ideas

slim1986

Songster
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
Highfill, Arkansas
I'm building a coop special for my OEG bantams, I need cute nesting box ideas, I have an old mailbox already but was wondering what other things people have used? Thanks for any stories and ideas!

How about a plastic flower pot, and you nail it to the side of the coop (Bottom against the wall) then you put a little barrier across the opening so the nesting stuff doesn't fall out, but hen can still get in and out......

I hope you can picture that......

Last edited:
OEG=Old English Game mine are silver duckwings, I got them at the poultry swap/auction here for my daughter, she'll be 3 in feb, but she said "awww daddy look! Its baby chickens!" And I just couldn't resist the "baby chickens" lol

aww thats sweet
smile.png
i use to have a few old english game bantams im trying to get back up and going with all of them my goal is to have some of every type like i use to have im pretty excited so we will see how it goes

We made nesting "boxes" in a dresser. Only the top has a drawer front nailed on to make it still look like a dresser. Where the middle drawers would be we cut out everything between those two to make the nesting area taller, and put a board for the bottom, a board to divide in the middle so theres two side by side, and put a board on the front to help keep the straw in. Then also nailed on a perch to the front. Where the bottom drawer would be, we kept that space open and put straw in there .. one of our hens likes it that way.

Back
Top Bottom