I need some info on the Repti5000 incubator.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crazzzymike13, Feb 11, 2012.

1. crazzzymike13

crazzzymike13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Texas
    I am thinking about buying the Repti 5000 incubator on ebay. I have some questions. First of all is it better than those foam incubators? Second I see that the one with the turner looks like it has a cord coming out the side like it is one of those foam incubator turners. If so would I be able to put my turner from my hovabator in it? That way I don't have to buy the incubator with turner and that would save me some money. Anything bad about it?? Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for the help.

Mike

2. crazzzymike13

crazzzymike13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Texas
    bump

3. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

here's a thread on the reptipro incubators... maybe it will help.. plus Chris from reptipro tends to keep an eye on that thread and can chime in since it's his baby
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/616987/reptipro-5000-hatch-a-long

I have one but don't have the turners.. so can't help ya there

in addition to the Reptipro, I have a LG bator (styro) that I am also using.. the reason I like the Reptipros is that it gets VERY hot here in the summer.. so I can't use a styro bator (we don't use AC) and there's no way for me to keep it cool enough... the Reptipro will cool so we can use it all summer with no worries

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by