I need suggestions!

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
I am a soap maker. I own a very small business called Southern Essence. So far I only sell my soap on my website but I will soon add my bath salts, balms, and bath oils. I am also thinking about other items that I have a supplier for. I can get Dinner bells (with roosters on them), Weather Vanes (with roosters), Wind Chimes (of course with roosters) and many other chicken and rustic farm type products. What do y'all think? Take a look at my website www.southern-essence.com and tell me what you think about it so far. I am sooooo open to suggestions and even criticism.

Thanks!!!

I don't know a thing about retail so I can't help you there. But the soap I bought from you, it's out of this world!

Folks, I bought about 5 or so bars of this lovely lady's soap, and it's just wonderful. Show some love and send some business her way! You won't be disappointed, believe me.

Good luck with your business, you've really got a good gig going there.

Susan

Quote:
Thank you so much!!! Not trying to toot my own horn...but I LOVE MY SOAP. I will never buy store soap again. I have really sensitive and dry skin so I make sure my soap is VERY gentle on your skin.

Thanks again, you're very sweet. I'm so happy you like soap!

Quote:
Me and DH sat at the Raleigh flea market for about 9 hours one Saturday....I didn't sell 1 thing!
sad.png
It seems like people just go to the flea markets looking for cheap yard sale stuff. I have to do something soon. I just quit my part time vending machine (
he.gif
) job.

Last edited:
The one in Wake Forest is a lot smaller so I don't know how you'd do there. I think they have someone who sells soaps and homemade lotions and things, but you should still check it out.

Quote:
Is it in the town of Wake Forest? I never heard of a flea market there. I rarely leave Youngsville though. I'm just a small town hick chick!
big_smile.png

Yeah, it's in a little parking lot right off of Main Street. They probably have 8 to 10 vendors. Mostly vegetables, some organic meats, and free-range eggs and chickens [for eating]. All local folk and very nice.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom