I need to attend classes for addiction...

InviteTanner

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 8, 2011
...because I can't get enough of just sitting and watching my chicks. I have twenty-five new assorted bantams, and about thirty assorted rare breeds. I have a Buff Orp pullet that's extremely friendly and, at three weeks old, comes right over and wants to fall asleep in my lap. I love how they look, how they sound, and every day I see feathers where there was fluff earlier. I'm chomping at the bit to have green grass and sunshine for them to enjoy!

You are in addiction class here at BYC.. The people in attendance everyday are listed at the bottom of the index page!!
wink.png

Denial? Who needs to deny anything? Chicks are cute, chickens give us eggs and entertainment. What else is fun, peaceful and has a positive payback?

I have 18 week-old chicks in a brooder in my kitchen, 65 eggs in a bator due on 3/12 & an order for chicks in the mail due 3/13.
big_smile.png
Now that's fun!

I'm right there with you Invite. Yesterday I added 4 new BO chicks to the flock of 6. (Yes these were from a breeder that had BEAUTIFUL birds and look SO much different from the Hatchery birds, but I love them all) All are doing really great! I added to the flock because I'm afraid the more they grow, the more evidence I have that I probably have 4 Roos. It's going to kill me to place them or get rid of them (I can't keep a Roo Neighbors would have cows, and those aren't welcome here either). Anyway......I come home from work tonight, toss some sprouts to the little guys in the brooder which they go NUTS over
wee.gif
I lost over 2 1/2 hours just sitting there watching them. We have one gorgeous bird that is Feathering out nicely getting a redder comb and is just such a sweet chicken you can't help yourself. Essie chicken came over to the side of the pen and laid down with her head up on the side of the tray just waiting for me to pick her up, pretty soon all of them were in the corner lyin down with their heads rested on the side watching ME! Was there life before chickens..........? If so I don't remember it and I'm glad to have found all you 'Chicken Enablers' here on the BYC! Oh yes, Essie got picked up and put in my lap while I had a cup of coffee watching the others while she fell asleep there. Chicken Life is Good
D.gif

Quote:
Hi I guess we are neighbors. Well almost my son works in Haven. I understand how you feel. I sat down to watch chicken TV and thought I'd only been there a little while when I got up an hour and a half had flew by.
jumpy.gif
I'm raising BOs primarily but have also tried RIRs and Leghorn crosses to see if it would increase egg production. I have 8 adults, 36 juvies and 24 eggs in the bator. Yes, Life is Good.
celebrate.gif

*stands up humbly and faces the crowd* Hi my name is April and I'm a chicken addict! LOL!
lau.gif
yippiechickie.gif
At least we know there are others like us!
ya.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom