I need to fatting my pig up

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gaited horse, Apr 21, 2009.

1. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Fast can any one help I have 5 days to go up to 210 from about 190

2. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Salty feed...plenty of water! [​IMG]

3. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    i Will try in the moring the are eating wet pig feed and beet pulp and they will be getting more corn asap

4. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    any one else not to sound like I am really in a rush but I am I have a few days and am really worryied[sp]

5. Lach Cnoc Farm

Lach Cnoc Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    Just feed it fattier foods, we feed ours All Stock grain and they seem to do great on that, i knew some people that fed theirs almost only bread with water on it to make it easier for the pigs to eat. they had the fattest pigs ever! I'd rather have meat than fat though, but thats just me. [​IMG]

whole milk, raw cow or goats milk? or you could ever try milk replacer powder/mix from the feed store, our pigs sucked that up like nobodies business when we mixed our leftover calf milk replacer for them. maybe mix it thick to make sure they get most of it..?

ETA: our pigs main diet is all stock grain and lots of produce(we get it for free from the grocery store at the end of the week), plus kitchen scraps.

ours stay pretty lean, but still heavy & meaty, just not fatty.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  6. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    Wet grass, well salted. Sweet Feed. And lots of bread. 20 pounds in one weekend? Good luck!

Chris

7. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Why do you have to fatten it up so fast?

8. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    well good news he weighs 220 but he needs to gain 30 more pounds for county and state livestock show hopefully he can gain 10 pounds a day [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    I'm trying to remember what I fed mine when they were underweight before the fair years ago....but the name is illuding me...It's basically a milk replacer . It comes in a 50# bag , it's powdered...so you have to add water . Mix it with grain or feed . Mine gained enough weight in a week to be able to show . Try calling your local feed store . Good luck ! [​IMG]

10. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    calf manna maybe I am getting more cracked corn tomoorow or friday but maybe I will get milk calf manna instead

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by