i need to go out of town for half a day starting tonight

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenbottom, Oct 20, 2009.

1. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    would it be okay if i put food in the feed bins and fill all their waterers up while they are sleeping and when they get up they will have the food i usually feed them around 7 am anyways cause thats when they get up. i dont want to have them wait till 2 in the afternoon to eat and i dont have anyone else to watch them but i have 4 water buckets and 2 large feeding trouts. im just saying would they be okay?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Yes, leave the coop locked up and fill the waterers and food up and go! I do this often during the summer for a whole weekend and haven't had a problem with it! They are Very Happy to see you when you open the coop!! [​IMG]

3. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:okay good i just have no other way and i cant find anyone to feed them in the morning so this is a relief

4. skywatcher

skywatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Arlington,Indiana
    You live in the same crazy poultry world as me I 've not had a vacation from the farm in years because of all the little beaks that need feed.

5. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    They will be fine. Your plan sounds good. [​IMG]

I am lucky I have a good neighbor that feeds my critters for me while I am gone.

I do have large feeders and waterers so she really only needs to get the eggs unless I am gone for a really long time.

6. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Sounds good!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by