i need to know chicken city limits

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by maralpz2006, Aug 23, 2010.

1. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    i really need some help i live in horn lake mississippi , i live in a subdivition area but my backyard is really big to have chickens , in 2005 i got some chickens and after 6 months i received a letter from cityhall saying this is not area for chickens some i bought another house , well everything was good until my brother lost his job and i have to come back to horn lake because my job is was too far for my other house, i gave my chicken to a friend close my house so i go there every day to feed them and water them, i would like to know if i can have my chickens with me again , if somebody know the rule in horn lake ms please let me know so i can do something to have my chickens back , i will get rid of my roos , and have only my hens, please if somebody can help me on this,
    thank you
    marco

2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:Since you have internet, look up the number to your area and call to find out....simple!

3. maralpz2006

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    well i really dont know how to look , well and my english is not that good

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

5. maralpz2006

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    thank you very much imp, let me see what can i do for my chickens

6. richtrea

richtrea New Egg

Sep 29, 2010
    southaven
    I have the same problem over here in Southaven, MS. I was given 7 days to get rid of my 6 hens. Some nose neighbor called the animal control people. Now I'm looking for a new home for them.

7. Dmfoogamer

Dmfoogamer New Egg

Apr 28, 2014
    I realize this is 4 years later, but I do know the ordinance for Horn Lake, Mississippi. I looked it up myself as I recently bought some chicks. The ordinance is 03-05-122, sections 9-11, and 15 specifically, though you really should read the entire ordinance as it is on all animals kept within the city limits. Here is the website:

http://www.hornlakepolice.com/Ordinances/03-05-122.htm

I've asked a few questions of the local police via e-mail for clarification and will post the results when I get them. Hope this helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by