I Need To Know The Withdrawal Time For "4 in 1 powder"

ChickLover6

Hatching
Jun 21, 2016
I will try to make a long story short. Last week I got some fecal results back on my new birds in quarantine that came back positive for Coccidia and roundworms. I put them on Rooster Booster's Triple Action Multi-Wormer and Corid 20% Soluble Powder (I also put my original flock on the Corid just to be safe).

Less than a week later one of my original girls (a 17 week old white leghorn who was a new layer) suddenly passed away. I took her body in for a necropsy the next day and found out she was septic with e.coli. I stopped all the meds on advice of my vet and started everyone on Avi-Health 4 in 1 powder for the treatment of Paratyhpoid, Canker, Coccidiosis, and E.Coli. Today is treatment day 6 of 7 and I just did some research on the 4 in 1 powder to see what the egg withdrawal time would be and I found out that 2 of the active ingredients are prohibited both in Europe and the US. The withdrawal times I found were "more than 5 days" and "more than 7 days"- my question is this: How many withdrawal days should I wait before starting to consume the eggs? We are new to chickens and I actually haven't even eaten one of the eggs yet!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom