1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

i need to make a cake with out moms help need ideas

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 4H kids and mom, Jun 28, 2007.

1. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    hi there agin this is 4h moms dauhter. i am making a cake for the fair next month. it has to be 8 by 8. i want to make some thing cool or diferent like so i need ideas. i was looking on the internet and saw some cool cakes but some look too hard for me i am only 8! i am so far thiking maybe a hamburger cake and put it on a picnic cloth like with potato chips or something bu that is the only idea i have now. i dont know if the judges will eat it but i will be judged on originalty and desing. my mom says you are all so help ful here so can you help a girl out? thanks!

2. 4H kids and mom

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    oh and one more thing. when do i make it if the fiar is on july the 24? i want it to taste good if they have to eat it! thanks agin cheyenna

3. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    oh so cool, that sounds like a neat cake too. you will have to get pics on here after you finish it.
    i don't know what website you went to but i like foodnetwork's website.
    i have a book on different cakes and styles but i couldn't put it on this site that would probably be some kind of copyright law i would be breaking. if you can't find anything ask your mom and i can email a fishbowl cake to you from the book i have. i think that is the coolest one in the book. best of luck to you [​IMG]

4. 4H kids and mom

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    oh i just found a cake that looks like a kitty litter box! how fun is that! mom doesnt know if the judges would like that tho and she says keep looking but it looks fun. maybe theyd laugh and it would for sure be orignal!

5. dixierose992

dixierose992 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2007
    Williamsburg, VA
    I made a Hamburger cake for a fair one time and won 3 ribbons. It is alot of fun to do and not that hard. Good luck.

6. Jezebelle

Jezebelle Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Pinnacle, NC
    always a hit...

snow ghost pie..but u need the really old recipes like one a great grand parent would have...can never go wrong with that!!

7. TreyClark281

TreyClark281 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2007
    around Katy, Tx
    you could make a cake and put green icing on it so it looks like grass and put some peeps on it, and make a chicken coop out of the gingerbread house kit but make the house half the size. you cant have any help from your parents??:eek:

ive never made the cake just thought of the idea. [​IMG]

8. 4H kids and mom

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    wat is a snow ghost cake?

i like the chicky idea too! my mom can watch me so i dont hurt myself but she cant help me. i have ta do it myself. she will be right here and help me with the recip and stuf but i have to decerate it all myself or it wouldnt be fair to the other kids at the fair. i made my dads birthday cake last year and it was good but i didnt like make it fancy or any thing. but i want this cake to be super cool so i get ribons! i dont care if it wins but i do want the ribons!

9. 4H kids and mom

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    and my mom juts said it might be sota hard to find peeps now cuz its not easter time. we will go see if the grosury store has them. otherwise i am thinking of making the kitty litter cake or the hamburger one so far

10. MarkR

MarkR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Ivy, Virginia
    Hey 4H Kid,

I've made one of the those kitty litter cakes. It was yummy.

Mark

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by