I need to make a resolution

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Becky_H, May 16, 2009.

1. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe if I say 'out loud' and in public that I will not bring anymore animals into the place after tomorrow, it'll actually stick.

As it is tomorrow we're bringing home our 12th chicken and a goat. the goat is coming from animal control folks (they know me through dog rescue) and will only be here for as long as it takes us to get him back into good shape and find someone who has other goats -- don't want him lonely. We also have 8 cats, 13 dogs, a blue front amazon and a hamster. About half the cats and dogs are fosters with the animal rescue organization I volunteer with, but it's still a darn full house.

So. No more new critters coming in for the rest of the year. ...and if anyone wants a good dog or cat, send 'em my way.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh honey I got you beat by far. Two weeks ago we had 21 chicken, 2 turkeys, 2 cats.

Now: 36 chickens, 2 turkeys, a rabbit, 2 goats, 3 pekin ducklings and 5 dogs and 2 cats. [​IMG]

3. Becky_H

Quote:Oh, you've definitely got me beat. Not sure how much my husband would approve but ....

...Where'd the 5 dogs come from?

4. debilorrah

Quote:Oh, you've definitely got me beat. Not sure how much my husband would approve but ....

...Where'd the 5 dogs come from?

When we moved in there was a mama dog and her 6 puppies under the house. So Ken built a dog house and sectioned it off on the side of the coop and moved them in. 2 puppies found homes. 5 dogs....

5. Becky_H

Oh, that's awesome. I mean overwhelming for you, but thank you for taking care of them.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

What a nice thing, helping all those animals, albeit nerve wracking! I also foster kittens, not so much lately, but right now I only have four fosters. If you read my personal page, you will see how many animals I've got! Poor hubby, he puts up with all of this. I know how you feel, but inspite of it all, it makes us feel good to be able to help those less fortunate, such as these animals we take in, right? Only wish more people would, or should I say, could, step up to the plate, and help more critters.

7. debilorrah

How could one leave THAT!:

[​IMG]

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I sure couldn't, but you know people. [​IMG]

9. Becky_H

Quote:OMG that puppy is ADORABLE.

People suck, but OMG that puppy is adorable and you are awesome.

10. debilorrah

Quote:OMG that puppy is ADORABLE.

People suck, but OMG that puppy is adorable and you are awesome.

Thank you but there really was no choice. Mama is a really sweet dog too, so we are keeping her and one puppy. They are so darned fat now!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by