I need to name my beast

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gabrielle1976, May 16, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I dont feel very well today , mild headach stiff neck sore back , and the fear that I may have cancer or something life threating keeps sneaking up with me and catching me when i lest expect it, I am doing my best to keep happy and upbeat , it wasnt to hard the first couple days of this but today after three days of tests and probly becuase I feel so crappy Im haveing a hard time keeping my self from wondering if maybe I do have cancer and whats that mean for my 4 year old..
    Sorry to be so depressing I thought maybe if I spoke my fears they would be easer to beat back and get rid of .

2. lagpmgdsls

lagpmgdsls Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    I will be praying for you and if you feel like chatting then PM me. I was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 32 with small children so I know what your feeling.

Hang in there!

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I sort of experienced the flipside, when my son was 5 years old he was diagnosed with 4th stage cancer. He made it.

Cancer isn't as scary as it was a decade ago!!! The advances in medicine are phenomenal!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sorry bout all 'da huggin, but sounds like you need it!

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  4. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Thank you both , I do need a hug [​IMG]
    I hope your son is ok now

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    in remission for almost 3 years now [​IMG] No worries here, and you shouldn't worry yourself too much girly!

6. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    yes i know it could be a cyst or benineg tumer or a lesion from MS just as likely as cancer but i still just cringe some times, not so much for me but for my son, im a single mom so i worry how well he would take it.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I just saw this thread...I'm so sorry! I'll be thinking of you..you have my best wishes! I hope you feel better soon. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

I will be praying for you, for peace and healing.

9. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Thanks everyone , only 3 more days till I know if the spinel fluid they took holds any evadance of whats going on in there Im not shure what I want if it does show up in the spinal fluid its probly cancer type stuff going on , but then if it dosnt show up then Ill ave to have more waiting and more invasive and painfull procedures . [​IMG]
    The thought of them doing a needle biopsy of the growth/swelling/lesion whatever on my spinal cord after what the spianl tap felt like makes me want to puke .
    Ok I guess Ill just not think about it then , Ill just have to find something to distract myself with ...

10. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    It's rough...stay strong, you will overcome, come what may...have faith.

Love in Christ,
    Gretchen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by