I need to pay more attention to my calendar Lockdown today :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by fduncan, Feb 11, 2013.

1. fduncan

fduncan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    So excited I put in 30 of my own eggs had 10 that nothing developed in ( mostly my bantam eggs my bantam rooster prefers girls double his size lol ) and 4 that stopped at different points left me with 16 moving baby's cant wait till they hatch their all mixes so it will be fun to see what I get :) I'm hoping my little bantam actually got some of my blue andalusians . Anyone have any ideas what a red cochin bantam x blue andalusians will produce ? Now for the long wait the last 3 days are the hardest :)

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    AWESOME!!! Any pips yet??

3. fduncan

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    Only day 19 so nothing yet . I'm sure I'll spend tomorrow and Thursday camped out in the laundry room waiting for them to hatch though :)

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LOL nose prints on the bator! chirp to them it will help them out!

5. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Ha! The day mine hatched I called in sick and sqt there all day But nothin happened! So I waited there thru the nite and sa them hatch!

6. tadpole98

tadpole98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    mine hatched on day 19 once, what a surprise!! it was my first hatch so i thought i still had two days left to get the brooder box ready, now i always have it ready by day 18, lol!

7. fduncan

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    Sally Sunshine I just wiped off the ones from last years hatch my kids fight over the little windows . My husband looked at me like I was nuts the first time I peeped at the chicks but then I caught him doing it to one when he got up to go to work lol

8. fduncan

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    ChucktheChick well of course not you stayed home to watch so they made you wait lol Luckilly I'm a SAHM so I only leave the house to run my kids to the bus so I should be home for everything :)

9. fduncan

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    Tadpole98 that would be awesome mine always make me wait till very late at night on day 21 . I would love it if they hatched early :)

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    caught! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by