I need to rant about work. Grrr

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Desirai, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    I live in AL.. my family is taking vacation and flying to San Francisco.

But my job won't let me have off. I'm sooo mad. My family originates from California and they've all been there before obviously.. back in the 70s.

I told my boss I wanted at least 5 days off for vacation.. and he only gave me 2 days because we don't have anyone to cover the days I want. I can't fly there then fly back the next day, that would be a waste of money.

I'm so upset!!! I've never been on vacation ANYwhere, especially not to San Francisco!!

But my coworkers have been at the job longer so they get to take 9 day vacations multiple times a year.. I am just so angry.

:(

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Sorry things didn't work out. I find it a bit unfair that your co workers can have vacations but you get a whopping 2 days off. Hopefully things will work out better [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Something isn't right here. Do we have all the information needed?

4. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

How long have you been at this job ? how long have the others been there ? How much notice did you give that you wanted off ? What is the companies policy on vacations ?

[​IMG]

5. Desirai

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    I've been at the job for 1 year and 4 months. Many of my coworkers have been there for 2, 3 or 5 years or more.

I am not allowed paid vacation until I've been there for 2 years.

So I gave 4 weeks notice for unpaid vacation.

But my mngr said I wasn't allowed unpaid vacation.

6. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Not fair how bad do you want; need this job?

7. Desirai

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    If I knew I could find another job tomorrow I would quit today. but it's all I have. :(

8. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    A lot of people out of work and looking for any job.

9. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    One of my friends experienced the same reply from a manager after having given a 4 month notice for the vacation days. So my friend went over the manager's head, and come to find out, that manager had made (without any notice) impromptu plans for those same days off and was misusing their position for their own personal gain.

Did they have you sign an agreement about vacation/sick days when they hired you? There are many places that do not give vacation days until 2 years on the job, which I think is a bit too long of a wait.

10. starhobo14

starhobo14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2012
    Missoula, Montana
    I have found that with my last couple jobs after one year I would get a week to two of paid vacation. After two years two to three weeks paid. And you could take unpaid almost any time you wanted with the correct notice.

This sounds odd.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by