1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

I need to re-home a 9-week-old Easter Egger rooster. Durham, NC

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by HappyHandsHomestead, Jun 12, 2019.

1. HappyHandsHomestead

HappyHandsHomestead In the Brooder

Jun 8, 2019
    I can’t keep roosters within city limits and need to rehome my beautiful rooster chick. Photo attached.

Attached Files:

2. ChickenChickie13

ChickenChickie13 Chirping

Mar 20, 2019
    How do you know it’s a rooster?? I’m new to the chicken world but we have an EE that I think may be a roo also! :barnie

IrishLad61 and Trimurtisan like this.
  3. Trimurtisan

Trimurtisan Team flappy foot

May 22, 2019
    A cypress swamp in FL
    Beautiful! Sorry im not closer.

IrishLad61 likes this.
  4. Frazzemrat1

Frazzemrat1 Free Ranging

May 8, 2017
    Eastern Connecticut
    Its 9 weeks old and already has a large, red comb. Also, he's growing the typical rust colored wing bars through the red on his wings.

5. HappyHandsHomestead

Jun 8, 2019
    Where are you located in FL??? If I could get him to you, would you take him? My family lives there.

Trimurtisan and IrishLad61 like this.
  6. Trimurtisan

May 22, 2019
    A cypress swamp in FL
    Ehhhh, I still haven't told my wife we have Silkies in the brooder.... :fl

However, if she where to divorce me, I could fit more birds in here... Sure, I'll take him.
    :gig
    All jokes aside, I live in Longwood, and yes, if he makes down here I will give him a happy home. Shoot me private message to exchange information if Longwood works for you.
    :highfive:

HappyHandsHomestead likes this.
  7. Trimurtisan

May 22, 2019
    A cypress swamp in FL
    @HappyHandsHomestead Just an fyi, I am actively looking for a rooster. Please let me know if the fella from above is going to work out. If so I will wait a bit, but if not I'm going to continue searching for the right fella to bring home. :)

8. HappyHandsHomestead

Jun 8, 2019
    That is hilarious! I always say that if my husband moved into our workshop, I could fit three more dogs in the house:) haha
    Longwood is close enough to my mom, who lives in South Daytona for one more week. I am going to follow up with another couple of interested people, and if they don’t pan out, I just might make the trip down. Thank you!

Trimurtisan likes this.
  9. HappyHandsHomestead

Jun 8, 2019
    I will PM you over the weekend. Any chance you’d be willing to wait a couple weeks if it took that long to get down there?

Trimurtisan likes this.
  10. Trimurtisan

May 22, 2019
    A cypress swamp in FL
    Haha! I told my wife I was going to charge her rent for her half of the bed. When I got the "WHAT?!?" look my answer was "It's nothing personal, just chicken math hun." I cooked my own dinner that night. ;)
    Yeah waiting a couple of weeks is okay. Also, if there is somebody easier to reach, I would completely understand him going to them. I would happily give him a home as a pet, but there are in no way shortages of roosters around here. Maybe not as hansom as your EE fella though. ;)

Shhh, don't tell my wife :oops:, but I'm going to go look at a game roster today. He's about 30 minutes away, and has won a couple 1st place shows. I'm not interested in showing birds/animals, but is hard to deny the beauty of a conformation quality animal.

That's how I got suckered in to getting our Silkies. I went to see a show breeder, was offered a very hansom discount, and boom. We got 2 Silkies.

This is Flip and Flop after my Florida based farmers tan lol.
    20190621_111646.jpg
    Oops! Wrong end! :gig

20190618_164225.jpg
    The we go!

Chat with you soon. :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: