I need to rehome my babies Kat and Sweetie

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TedJan92_in_Idaho, Nov 7, 2011.

1. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    With a sad heart I must find homes for 2 of my babies. They are pure bred Jack Russell Terriers. Both are female and are spayed. Both need a fenced yard or out in the country. They are small 10 and 12 lbs. They are small dogs with a big dog heart. Both get along with cats, chickens and other animals. Katsu ( I call her KatKat) doesn't like small children. She doesn't bite, she just tries to avoid them. After a while she will warm up to them as long as they don't pull her ears and tail. The second ones name is Sweetie and that is exactly what she is. Meek and sweet and shy. Both are great mousers and their mother all by herself treed a black bear that was in the yard a few years ago. Both hate coons with a passion.

Would like to find a local home with the deal if they don't work out I will take them back. I really hate this and have never love any dogs as much as these. I have been lost since I found out they can't come with me and will be haunted by having to do this for a long time to come.

If you think you may want to give them a chance let me know. Both would make an excellent companion dog.

Here is a pic of KatKat and I will have to get a better pic of Sweetie. She is on the left in the 3rd photo. She is tricolor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    [​IMG] Will pray that they find homes where they're loved as much as you love them.

3. CherryYidaki

CherryYidaki New Egg

Nov 8, 2011
    Hi,

Hey, I live in Coeur d'Alene and have a 2-and-a-half year old neutered male Jack Russell/Corgi cross, named Jocko. I've been looking for a friend to join us as he is such a fun and happy guy, but I know he is disappointed by me not having enough energy to play as much as he would like. I am on disability with heart and lung conditions that make me tired a lot. Jocko is such a sweet, fun boy and gets along with everyone. I bet he would quickly become fast friends with one of your girls.

We live in mid-town Coeur d'Alene, but have a large fenced yard. There's a doggie door for full-time access to the yard, a big covered deck for shade in the summer and shelter from the elements when outside. I have 4 grandkids that come to visit often. They are very good with dogs, too. I have a couple of youtube videos up that would give you an idea of the environment here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-1KMwU-jSY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtF2I5V9ExY

Anyway
    , I sent you an email through craigslist, but from the wording of your ad I wasn't sure you would get it, so I registered to contact you here as well. This site has a mail program, I believe. Please write back and tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Jimm

Update - 11/15/2011

Hardy Har, CrazyFowlFreak. Nope, I was dead serious and fortunately Ted and Jan took me at face value and came to give me and Jocko and Judy a look-over. Now we have the dainty and adorable Katsu gracing our lives and we couldn't be more pleased. In just the few days she's been here she has snuggled her way into our hearts and our home.
    [​IMG]

And it hasn't taken her long to assume the top dog position, either. heh
    [​IMG]

She is such a diminutive thing that our gate, which was fine for keeping Jocko in, had to be re-engineered a little, but that was a pretty easy job - one that she hopped through the slats of the old gate and wandered into the shop to supervise.
    [​IMG]

Jocko has been an "only dog" for a long time, so he is having a little bit of trouble adjusting to the whole sharing of attention and toys/food/space thing, but they really haven't had a squabble yet. They both have very agreeable personalities and are pretty smart (I think Katsu is a little smarter than Jocko and is quickly figuring out all the best ways to get HER way without him really understanding just what's going on). *L*

They love dancing and romping together, inside and out, but also do just fine exploring on their own.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Katsu is a good nap buddy, too, which is good because Jocko isn't all that great in that department. My dogs in the past have been good snugglers and I've missed that. Thank goodness Katsu doesn't mind a bit of a cuddling.

We're so very happy and grateful that Katsu found our way to us and we hope that Ted and Jan find a wonderful home for their other girl. They are such kind and caring people, one would hope that some of the good karma they've got banked would kick a dividend their way.

That's my update on Katsu. Now it's time for a nap. heh

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  4. CrazyFowlFreak

CrazyFowlFreak Pine Hill Farm

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    Quote:You're trolling, right? I wouldn't wish that environment on these lovely dogs. [​IMG]

5. TedJan92_in_Idaho

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    I have located a home for one I believe but I still have one more. She is a total stay at home dog. she doesn't like to go anywhere. Jimm that environment is what these dogs thrive in.

6. TedJan92_in_Idaho

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    Quote:Thank you!! [​IMG]

7. TedJan92_in_Idaho

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    KatKat has found a new home!![​IMG] Now I need to find one for Sweetie.
    Here she is

[​IMG]

8. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    Wish you were closer! I might know of someone locally here who want a JRT. Have you tried the JRT website? It's a good place to advertise them. I show, race, and breed these guys. They are such awesome dogs!

9. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    have you found a home yet for the second dog?

10. TedJan92_in_Idaho

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    Not yet. She is a special needs dog and who ever takes her has got to meet a few requirements. Fence and a pet door is a must. She was abused before I saved her and she will not enter a door while someone is standing in the door or close to it. They must of kicked her out the door really hard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by