I need to remind you lovelies of something

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Jan 17, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Because I have a high post count does NOT mean I know everything. Seriously. I just want to remind everyone that alot of those posts come from having fun.... When I post on the other forums here, yes sirree, I really do need the help. I have learned a ton of stuff from this site and the people on it. And of course, it is my own birds that will confound me.

I TRY to help when I can. I talk alot, I do not know everything about chickens. So, please? When I post a question, I am really not kidding. It may sound silly, whatever I ask, but I wouldn't ask if I didn't want or need to know.

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I REALLY appreciate everyone here SO MUCH!!!!

2. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I feel your pain, I've been there before, just not on here. If that makes sense!

3. debilorrah

It does make sense! I swear when I post a question, no one answers. Then someone tonight reminded me why! I really talk alot and that does not equal all knowing!

4. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    I saw your post that no one answered. I DID answer it.[​IMG]

I haven't been here long enough to assume anyone knows everything. I do give the moderators a little more credence, but always figure that everyone is just somewhere along the learning road, some further than others, but still taking the trip.

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Change The Great Yappy to The Great Non-Allknowing? [​IMG]

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm going through a bit of the same thing.... even though I grew up with chickens, I haven't learned about many very important facts about growing chickens until I came upon this site. I've used them and then I try to help others the same way, but, I AM STILL LEARNING!

My wife is NOT happy that we just got another roo. He hasn't done much crowing yet, but he is still getting used to the girls.

My boys want to spread chicken raising to their friends. They show them sites on the internet where they can get free coop plans (like the one we built) and they are thinking of ways to make small breeding coops and pens... we have one more area in our yard where we can do that but will probably go over the ordinance. Even though I have a roo again now, I'm technically OK with it since it is a heritage breed that grew up wild in the neighborhood to the south.

7. debilorrah

Quote:Yes you did and you have no idea how much I appreciate it. Feedback from more than one or two people is really needed as we all have had different experiences with our birds!

8. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    LOL, of course, my answer had nothing to do with chickens. It was the maple syrup question.

I am way at the bottom of the learning curve for chickens.

9. debilorrah

Quote:I must stay The Great Yappy. People call me all different variations of the name. Yapster, McYappy, Yappalicious, Yap, etc.....

10. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Nobody knows it all... not even me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by