1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need to see pictures of Blue Mille Fleur d Uccle Bantams..Please

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by youdontknow32, Jan 13, 2009.

1. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Pics of Blue Mille Fleur d Uccle Bantams
    would be greatly appreciated...

I am thinking about getting some, just want to see what they really look like, looked all over the web, couldnt find any, thought someone on here could help me out!

2. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Anyone?

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I have some Mille Fleur's but they aren't blue. I've actually never heard of blue Mille's. Could you possibly be wanting some Porcelain's instead? I am so going to get some of those this spring! They are gorgeous!

Here is a few pics of my Mille Fleur d'Uccles.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I am ordering Porcelain, Self Blue and Blue Mille Fleurs from Ideal and can't wait to see what the Blue Mille look like. Going by what the site says, the black on the normal Mille Fleur is replaced by blue. I hope they vary at least slightly from the 2 Mille Fleurs I got from Ideal last Sept.

Feathersite only has pics of them at chicks, at the very bottom of the d'Uccle page.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  5. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Never heard of blue millies! I too will be eagerly awaiting some pics...

6. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    i have porcelain d'uccle bantams:
    here is one of my hens on the nest box:
    [​IMG]

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Well! Well! Well! I just went to Ideal's site to have a look at these birds and lo and behold, there they were! I didn't even know such a thing existed!!! They only show a drawing of them, but they look lovely. I would also be interested in seeing some pics of these birds. [​IMG]

8. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Yes I saw them on the site, only problem I had was the:

Any blue variety ordered from Ideal Poultry may include chicks with black, blue or splash plumage patterns.

at the end of description. I would be scared I would end up with all balck and splash and not any blue ones, thats just my luck. lol

9. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    That will probably be my luck too lol Now I am thinking I should have ordered more than 3 of them to up my odds of getting some blue.

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Here's a pic of the blue Mille Fleur d'Uccles... It's hard to see the blue in this pic, but if you look closely, you can sort of see it.

[​IMG]

(Not my birds... I wish! [​IMG] )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by