I need to stop this.... *pics!*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bec, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I should NOT have stopped in the feed store today, but I did and came home with these 3 cuties! I have no idea what they are, but they are bantams!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Aaawwww, SOO cute!!! I would bring those home too. I have to avoid all feed stores like the plague right now because now that we have 25, who(meaning my husband) would notice another couple babies? Especially tiny ones like bantams?! Congrats on your new little ones, they are just precious. I wish I could help you id the breeds, but I can only guess, and that guess would be cochin, RIR, and possibly a cochin or d'Uccle. Can't tell if one of those footed ones has a beard or not. And I think I am totally off base on the RIR. One thing I can tell you for a fact though, they are adorable!!!!

3. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    I have one just like the red one! I thought it might be a gold sebright, but the comb looks like a single. So now I have no idea! [​IMG]

4. thowe

thowe Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2008
    NH
    The two with feathered feet look like a silver laced cochin and a golden laced cochin, but thats just a guess. But I do know that are super cute. I can go to the feed store all I want, because I would have to buy 12 chicks. That is the only way they sell them. If I came home with 12 chicks they would.....BE NOTICED!!!! [​IMG]

5. Bec

Thank you! I am not sure what that red one is either! They are so sweet!

6. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

two feather legs are probably cochins aren't they?

7. ChickenCat

ChickenCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    craig county, VA
    don't have any idea as to what they are other than ADORABLE! [​IMG][​IMG]

8. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The feathered legs could also be brahma's. I was old the difference is that a brahma only has feathers on one side of the leg. Cochins tend to have heavier feathering.

9. Bec

All I know is that they were the hatchery choice assorted bantams. I asked if they had at least given a list of what breeds they sent. They said no list, nothing.

10. in2chickens

in2chickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    Norco, CA
    SSSSSSSSOOOOOOO cute![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by