I need to talk to a Serious Blue Laced Wyandotte Breeder

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Flyman39, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Flyman39

Flyman39 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2007
    West Virginia
    I need to talk to a serious breeder about this breed. I am beginning a project and in all my research I have found that there are very few of the original line from England that were not outcrossed to the Gold laced. I need to know if I keep breeding blue to blue and selecting the best of the offspring will I get a bird that is like the original?

2. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    Really good question. I have also been looking for BLRW that are not a "hatchery" mess. I have had no luck so far. I would also like to start a protected flock, but I want as close to the original heritage breed as I can get.:|

3. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    This breeder can help you since she her BLRWs came from Lowell Barber. Colorsplash Poultry

4. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    What about Greg Catt? He is one of the main people who helped import the breed, and had some of the best ones a few years back.

5. Flyman39

Dec 24, 2007
    West Virginia
    Thanks for the link Hencackle. That is just what I was looking for. Thanks to everyone for the replies.

smith2: That is the same thing I want to do. I have had about every breed of chicken that has ever been in the USA. This breed strikes me like no other. Especially to see one that is the colored way they were meant to be.

FMP: I have read about him somewhere. I will do more searching for him.

Thanks all....

6. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
  7. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    You could also try [email protected] acad.umass.edu I just got some eggs from them the other day her hen is in one of the breed books

8. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I got my eggs from Buddy Henry in TN www.backwoodspoultry.com. Super nice guy and lots of knowledge! Mine are in the 'bator but I don't have much hope. Day 22. Saw movement on day 20 and now nothing. LG still air . . . need I say more arrggghhhh!!:mad:

9. Flyman39

Dec 24, 2007
    West Virginia
    Thanks guys. Jen if you are still on here your PM box is full. Thanks again all. Keep it coming.

10. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    Thank you! Need to delete some....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by