I need to tame my chickens again!

animallover2019

Chirping
Jul 6, 2019
Hey there all, so I used to be so so so close with my hens, we would snuggle all the time and they were so tame and sweet, at the end of summer I got into a really bad mental state and had to start taking antidepressants, starting the medication was really hard and it made me have a hard time even going outside to tend to the chickens, so for the past couple months I have been very distant with them and my parents started taking care of them, today I made a big step and went outside to tend to them because I am recovering almost completely, when I went outside they acted like they didn’t know me.... wouldn’t eat from my hand.....wouldn’t bow down for me.... wouldn’t come within 2 feet.... it was very sad because I love them so much and we are always so close. If anyone has ever experienced this or has any tips on how to tame them again please drop them! I love them so much and they are so important to me❤️

Treats. Spend a lot of time with them. Help them remember you. Spending as much time with them and everything for at least two weeks should help them come back to normal. I go through this a lot when I go camping for long periods of time. They should come back around. You just need to spend a lot of time with them. :)

Treats. Spend a lot of time with them. Help them remember you. Spending as much time with them and everything for at least two weeks should help them come back to normal. I go through this a lot when I go camping for long periods of time. They should come back around. You just need to spend a lot of time with them. :)

Thank you:)

Glad to hear you're doing better. Resume tending them on a fairly regular basis, and they should come around pretty soon. It's nice your parents could step in, and help you. Similar to you, over the past several years I've had health issues, that made it necessary for my daughter to step in, and take over the care of my flock. It doesn't take long, after you resume caring for them, for them to come around. A little bit of a treat, here and there in the beginning, helps too.

Glad to hear you're doing better. Resume tending them on a fairly regular basis, and they should come around pretty soon. It's nice your parents could step in, and help you. Similar to you, over the past several years I've had health issues, that made it necessary for my daughter to step in, and take over the care of my flock. It doesn't take long, after you resume caring for them, for them to come around. A little bit of a treat, here and there in the beginning, helps too.

Thank u! I’m very thankful that my parents could take over for a bit:) that is so caring of your daughter, I hope you are doing well!

Your girls will love you again! My first flock was an older flock that had never been handled by people. With time, they all became much friendlier, and one even became a lap chicken! Just spend time with them and give them treats. I always distance myself from the flock in the winter months. I leave for work when it's dark and come home when it's dark. My girls always recover when summer rolls around :)

Your girls will love you again! My first flock was an older flock that had never been handled by people. With time, they all became much friendlier, and one even became a lap chicken! Just spend time with them and give them treats. I always distance myself from the flock in the winter months. I leave for work when it's dark and come home when it's dark. My girls always recover when summer rolls around :)

Thank you! I always get mine from chicks so I’ve never really experienced this before!

Back
Top Bottom