I need unbias picture opinions, please help me!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SterlingAcres, Aug 23, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Without any back story... Do you think this could be the same dog?

1 year old.
    [​IMG]

5 years old.
    [​IMG]

2. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    It's hard to say, I've seen a LOT of dogs that look like that. I notice that in the second picture the dog has black tips on his ears and I don't see that in the first picture. There aren't any white markings to compare - and I can't see the tip of the tail in the second pic (the dog in the first pic has a black tipped tail)...

Anyway... It's possible! In the second pic he looks beefier and older...

3. Psittizen Shikkin

Psittizen Shikkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Oroville, California
    I think it COULD be.

4. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Thanks Kelly. I had to rehome our family dog 2 years ago and it was the biggest mistake I've ever made. I've been hunting her down ever since and finally got a bite this morning. It's iffy, but if it's her, I'd drive the 5 hours over and over just to get her back. I'll be out in Greensville near Erie on Friday. I'm praying it's Cheyenne.

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    it is hard to tell...I do agree with the ear tips being different. The belly usually will be a good place to look. Dogs will have certain marks that don't fade or change on the belly.

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Dogs will remember their previous owner for MANY years.. If it's her she will know you. Good luck...what a sad story. Do you plan on getting her back? Do the current owners want to give her up?

7. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:She's actually in a shelter right now. If it's her, I'll do anything in my power to bring her home.

I'm hoping the recent picture is just a horrible photo. A volunteer from the shelter is the one that responded to my craigslist ads. She attached this photo as well... which looks a lot more like Chey.

[​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Shellie....This makes me understand better why you were so upset in your thread the other day about people getting rid of their animals. I hope you find your dog.

9. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Thanks Katy. It was a bad decision that didn't help our situation at all, only made it worse. Like I said before, pets are not disposable and I have learned that the hard way.

What are the thoughts on the second recent photo I posted? Chey's ears were pittbull ears. I've contacted the shelter twice more today and they're supposed to be getting me additional photos.

10. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Looks similar. What does you gut say? Where is her/she? Maybe someone can look at her for you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by