I need urgent help!!!!

Ilovemyduckies

Songster
7 Years
Feb 21, 2012
So I was taking picture of my ducklings and chicks because they are three week today. Anyways, I went to get another duckling to take pictures of both of my ducklings together, when the one that was already out walked right off of the stage. I hurried over to her and closed the brooder door on top of one of my other chicks who was trying to fly out. The duckling is okay but the chick is not. She's acting all lethargic. Please I'm only 13 and don't know what to do!!!! I'm already crying!!!!

If it were me...

I would let the chick rest. Its probably really freaked out that it fell down. Maybe add a little sugar to the water for energy. Does it look like it broke anything? Is it chirping alot?

Hope your baby recovers!

If it were me...

I would let the chick rest. Its probably really freaked out that it fell down. Maybe add a little sugar to the water for energy. Does it look like it broke anything? Is it chirping alot?

Hope your baby recovers!

Okay. She is doing a lot better now. I will add the sugar to her water right away! I doesn't look like anything is broke. At first she wouldn't even hold her neck up and I thought maybe I broke it, but she will now. she can still stand fine, so her legs aren't broken. But she is not very active. She is chirping quite a bit. I mashed a boiled eggs and gave it to her. At first she wouldn't eat it, but then I open her mouth and put a little peace in hoping that she would like it a and would eat more. It worked. She didn't eat a lot but she did eat some.

I put her back in the brooder with the others. She's doing great, she went straight for the food when I put her out there (even though she had food where she was) so that's a good sign. I gave them some sugar water like out too. She slightly less active than usual, but that is to be expected. Thx

Back
Top Bottom