1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need your cook out recipes...

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by ams3651, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Im having a cook out tomorrow and am looking for some ideas. I would like to grill chicken breast and need a good marinade other than italian dressing also Ive never done it on the grill before, how do you do it, I have charcoal. Also, strawberries and blueberries are on sale and I would like a simple dessert idea for them. Any other good easy sides would be great too.

2. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    I've marinated chicken in lemon juice, olive oil and minced garlic. I add either rosemary or dried red pepper flakes.

Grilling veg is not hard, eggplant, bell peppers, onions, zucchini, portabella mushrooms and potatoes are just a few ideas. Just brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Make sure they are large enough not to fall through the grate.

Try macerating a mix of berries with some sugar and just spoon over vanilla ice cream.

Just some ideas....

3. ams3651

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    any other ideas, Im going to the store soon.....[​IMG]

4. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    My favorite marinade for boneless chicken breasts is good balsamic vinaigrette. We just had some the other night. If you're doing bone-in breast or legs, use lemon-pepper seasoning. It smells wonderful as it grills.

Susan

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I've used those A1 marinades for chicken, but I usually just make something out of bbq sauce, water, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar and black pepper.

Good luck with your bbq [​IMG] We're doing hamburgers and hotdogs tomorrow since my sister in law is coming to get her chicks...

6. ams3651

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    thanks for the ideas, i just remembered I have an asian salad dresing that might be good. We are having a cook out and bonfire, my sons friend is graduating HS and off to join the marines next week. I tell him he's my #1 son #2. When my son was younger I never thought I would truely enjoy having teenage boys around all weekend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by