I need your opinion on feed. Please

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
I'm sure this has been ask before but here it is again.

I have been feeding Dumor Layer Feed, 16% Protein. Now I see TSC is selling Purina Layena Sunfresh Pellet Feed. I’ve read so many people on here say Purina is very good. But it doesn’t say what the Protein % is.

Which do you think is better?

I only have on bag of the Dumor left and I will mix it if you all think the Purina is better. I think TSC may stop selling the Dumor, this is the first time I saw Purina there. They didn't have it there before and the last time I was there I got the last 2 bags of Dumor they had.

Alot of people dislike dumor and found their chickens were healthier and ate better on a different feed. Purina seems to be the most common. I don't have any of those nationwide common brands here since this is farm country. Most of the ingredients for animal feed are grown here and there are plenty of local brands for feed stores to sell.

Thanks everyone. I think I will change to Purina.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Crumble is the only way I've seen it.

Can your feeder be adjusted? If you can narrow the gap between the bottom of the tube and the floor of the pan the crumble won't come out so fast.

.....Alan.

Last edited:
A.T. Hagan :

Quote:
Crumble is the only way I've seen it.

Can your feeder be adjusted? If you can narrow the gap between the bottom of the tube and the floor of the pan the crumble won't come out so fast.

.....Alan.

I buy flock raiser pellets. I'm paying $19.00 for 50lbs.​

Purina only makes Flock Raiser in a crumble. Layena is offered in pellets or crumbles. I do find that my new Serama chicks like the Flock Raiser ground up fine, so I run it through the coffee grinder until they are a few weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom