I need your opinion...UPD w/ full body

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cthrash1, Sep 2, 2009.

1. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    I know Boo is a pullet but the lady never really told me age... Although she said she was laying before she was shipped to me. The lady shows Ameraucanas and I just wanted one, she needed to cull due to imperfections, as a pet and for blue eggs. I have had her for about 1 1/2 months now and she hasn't laid yet, she has grown a bunch and her comb has been the only redder part of her face. Do you all think the lady may have been mistaken about her laying and maybe it was another pullet she had that was laying? I wondered about it... She just doesn't look ready to me?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    a full body shot would help

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

She looks a bit on the young side to me. But beautiful!

4. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Ok full body

5. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Quote:Thank you... I bought eggs from her last year, my first time hatching, and hatched 2 a blue and a splash, both pullets and they were later killed by dogs... So when I was ready to get chickens again, and because I loved the girls I hatched from her, I contacted her about just buying a show defective pullet... And she just happened to have Boo, I think her defect is her two crooked middle toes.

6. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    She may have been laying but any trauma to them and they will stop for awhile. I have had pullets lay a few eggs then stop again for a couple of months before they lay another egg. She may still be stressing from being shipped and then put in a new place.
    I have found that they don't like change, preferring to stay in one spot, lay in the same nest, scratch the same ground. Even something so little as changing the shavings in their nest box will throw my girls off a couple of days.

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I don't know, but she's stunning.

8. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    She is pretty. I have bought hens that were laying and it took them 2 months to settle down and lay. Good luck. [​IMG]

9. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Thank you all for the encouraging words and the nice compliments on Boo... I really thought the lady must've made a mistake or something that she was laying. Ok I will wait then... [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by