i need your opinions..what color cochin bantam should i try to make??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by LCwilson, Nov 24, 2009.

1. LCwilson

LCwilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    this spring my nannys(step grandma) cousin is going to get me 2-3 of every color cochin bantam mcmurray hatchery has. all except frizzle.
    anyway i was wondering if any of you would be willing to give me some ideas on what color cochin bantam i could try to make.
    for those of you who dont know what colors i am getting here they are... http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/category/cochin_bantams.html
    i would like to make a color that is not yet recognized yet.
    i know kind of a stupid question to ask but i thought i could make this my project bird for the spring.
    thanks.
    cole.

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Well you could make a color that's not recognized yet, but probably not one that hasn't already been started. But maybe you could do, Blue Barred, Blue Mottled, or Blue Partridge.

3. LCwilson

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    i could. i know blue mottled is already started. but i could try blue barred and blue partridge. more ideas please! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Yep, I think all three have already been started, the blue mottled is just the most common of the three.

5. LCwilson

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    yeah thats what i thought,

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    There is a couple threads on how to make blue laced red or blue laced gold. I'd try that if you're ready for a commitment.

7. LCwilson

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    thank you i will try to make that. more suggestions though please!!! =]

8. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Idk if it has been started but what about a Black Breasted Red cochin or a Red Pyle Cochin?

9. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    They have Bantam Crele Cochins in the UK - not sure if anyone is working on them over here. Best of luck with your project, just remember to always breed for Cochin Type first, color is second.

10. LCwilson

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    thanks. i love red pyle OEG but not the OEG as much as cochins. now that would be something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by