1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I never see any of you mention AmberLinks.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LarrySC, Sep 19, 2010.

1. LarrySC

LarrySC Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2010
    We have 5 hens that started laying at 18 and a half weeks. They are mostly white, but with a little brown on them.. They are very calm hens and never give us any trouble. They are now 23 weeks, and several of them have never missed a day laying. I highly recommend them. We got them at Tractor Supply. Love this site, we have learned much from you guys; like today I read about the leaves in the run; so I raked up a large pile, and poured them in their run, and they had a blast scratching around in the pile.. Gonna do this a lot..

2. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    we have black sex links and 1 gold sex link. That is what they had when we bought ours so thats what we got. There are alot of folks on here with amber links though and have heard lots of discussions about them. They are great layers like all sex links are. plus they are refered to by different names alot of times.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by