I Never thought I'd like chickens

Ironsights

Songster
5 Years
Mar 4, 2015
South Central OK
Raised on a ranch in SD now living in central OK. I have RIR, Jersey Giants, and mutts. Also turkeys and 3 gooses, LOL. Planning to increase the size of the herd this year.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I too never thought I would like chickens, in fact I was scared of all birds. Convinced they would scratch and peck my eyes out and flapping wings horrified me. But all that changed when my other half brought home two hens. He soon lost interest and I took over and fell in love with them. The chicken math took over then and now it's an addiction.

Good luck with your expanding flock and hope you enjoy BYC, I am sure you will everyone here to help with any questions you have and very friendly :frow

Hello and welcome from another one who didn't think she would ever like chickens, lol. After a couple scary encounters with them when I was little, I never would have guessed that at some point I wouldn't find them some of the most interesting and fun critters around.

Hope you enjoy your birds and being here. Nice to have you join us!

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Never say never, hey?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Good luck establishing your flock this year and welcome to ours!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

Sounds like you have a nice flock! What type of turkeys and geese do you raise? I've never kept either turkeys or geese, but have always wanted to.
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

Good luck with all of your poultry! It sounds like you have a lovely varied flock.

Back
Top Bottom