i noticed something weird

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MissAbraKadabra, Jan 2, 2014.

1. MissAbraKadabra

MissAbraKadabra Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2013
    Tampa Florida
    i was cleaning the chicks cage today and i noticed a weird lump and i cant figure out what it is, then when i started to try to capture photos of the lump i noticed my other chick which is a totally different breed has a lump too but directly in the center of her chest so it wasnt as noticeable please help
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TOP KNOT

TOP KNOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    SHERIDAN IL
    Thats their crop, its full of food. Thats all.

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

4. MissAbraKadabra

Aug 6, 2013
    Tampa Florida
    that is so weird, i raise one chick back in march and never ever saw this and i played with her all the time, this time i have 2 chicks and i pretty much just make sure their needs are met and let the 2 of them be, and just check on them on and off all day, thank you, so much, now i just have to wait some more and see if they are hens or roos, and what breeds they actually are

5. showinbirds

showinbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    COLUMBUS, KS
    from the looks of their crop, they are being feed good.[​IMG]

6. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

Dec 25, 2012
    I would guess the one you're holding is a little rooster and the one who is holding back is a pullet. Don't hold me to this because the images on my PC are grainy. Anyone else want to have some input?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  7. MissAbraKadabra

Aug 6, 2013
    Tampa Florida
    i was originally told the one im holding was a rir and the other grayish looking one was a new jersey giant, but ive had other people tell me they are neither, so im just playing the waiting game to see what they really are, i dont mind if the rir isnt a rir bc i already have one, but i would like the giant to actually be a giant, if there are any suggestions as to what they might be id appreciate it, i really hope i dont have any roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by