I now know how much ducks LOVE water!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by EmAbTo48, Aug 2, 2011.

1. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    We have been hit for the last 4 days with rain, mostly all day everyday! Well my ducks are just in ducky heaven! They usually have 2 medium size ponds that should be connected by a small river, but its been dryed out because of the past 10 years of droughts. Well now its flooded and they just going wiping from on pond to the next! I wish the stream would always stay its very pretty, but I am sure it will pass once the rain stops.... but they sure are loving it now!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:from a pond to a mud puddle ducks love water, and whats really neat is they aren't really hard to please either. [​IMG] got pics?

3. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Well somebody needs to tell my muscovy babies that. They're only interested in the occasional bath and dipping their faces in to find stuff to eat. And they HATE the hose. And yes, we need pics.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Oh mine don't like the hose either, they run if I turn it on even the goose. but they love anything with water in it. I have even seen my girls bathing in a 2 gallon bucket, my duckling has just now started getting in the small kiddie pool by it's self. before i had to put it in. but if anywater is sitting in a puddle on the ground oh my gosh mudville in no time.

5. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

my ducks LOVE the hose! They'll stand right in front of the stream letting it hit them in the chest or bite at it from the side

6. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    I wish my ducks did that. Each time I fill their pool, I try it....oh no, they don't like it, dangit!

7. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Quote:Im right along with you. My ducks LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Everytime I turn on the hose they are either at the fence when they are locked up, or at my feet. They will stand up nice and tall and just wait for the water to come streaming out. Lol! My Rouen drake will even spread his wings out and just stand there. Picture ( if you have ever seen it) a vulture with its wings spread out in the morning soaking up the warm sun. Ya he looks exactly like that. [​IMG] He is so cute! My muscovies dont like it as much, though on the hot days I will spray them to cool them down. But my baby muscovies love it. They have little races through it. They will all stand on one side and then race through to the other side then turn around and do it again and again. [​IMG] I could watch them all day long doing that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by