I Now Understand

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Oakland_Ranchero, May 2, 2008.

1. Oakland_Ranchero

Oakland_Ranchero Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    So, about 8 weeks ago we went to the local feed store with the intention of buying 6 day old Delawares. We walked away with 8.

In the weeks since we got them, I've been reading the BYC Forums and learning so much. I also didn't realize how addicting these little feathered fluffs are.

Well, today I went to the feed store today to get a new waterer and well walked away with 5 Silver Laced Wyandottes.

Needless to say, I now understand everyone else here who lacks the will to resist!!

Does this ever stop or does it just keep on going on forever? Also, how easy is it to keep adding on to existing coops?

A real question: When can we introduce them to our Delawares??

2. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    [​IMG]

I read on here somewhere that they should all be about the same size.

I had some luck introducing smaller younger chicks to my older chicks (but there wasn't that much difference in age, just size...they were about a week apart in age...but the older one were huge) We divided up the chick corral with wire that neither group could get thru, covered the smaller chick area and left them together like that for a few days before we turned them all loose. That way the bigger ones couldn't hurt the little ones before they got used to them being in the same area together.

Good luck. It is terribly addicting, isn't it!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by