1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I ordered baby chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cackel, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    I orderd 25 baby chicks from Mc Murray ,they came today , only 9 liveing chicks ,This was so sad to see when I opened the box , I cried .I will never order chicks again. I ordered them because I wanted to start some BR and RR chickens ,ended up with one RR and 8 BR ,soooooooo sad

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    oh my goodness!!!!!! did you contact them? Mcmurray usually has great reviews from what i've seen? I'm so sorry!!!!

3. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Sorry to hear about your babies! [​IMG] This time of year can be hard on chicks. Did you call McMurray to let them know??

4. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Did you call them? You know MacMurray will replace them for you.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    give it 48 hours to call. in case there are more that don't make it. that is McMurray's policy. take pics of the passed chicks.

they will refund your money. they may even resend the order because of the high morbidity rate for this shipment.

so sorry for your troubles. [​IMG]

6. DebbieLynn

DebbieLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2009
    East Tennessee
    I just got my chicks yeserday from McMurray and had 2 DOA and 1 about 3 hours later, other chicks are doing fine so far. Called McMurray this AM and they were more than glad to replace/refund money. Sorry you lost so many, but don't give up!

7. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    got mine today also, and had one doa out of the 31 that i had coming. but all of the rest are fine. from McMurry and they look real good. the PO was a day late with them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by