I ordered my baby chicks!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hollymh, Aug 26, 2013.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    First time buying chicks instead of eggs, my daughter asked me to PLEASE not hatch she hates waiting for the babies to hatch lol I also wanted all pullets so easiest way was to order. I got 3 Ameraucana, 4 Brahmas, and 3 mystery pullets! We're so excited! We will get them Sept. 11th, we just got a new house and have to build our coop up again! No one understands my excitement but I know you guys do!!! [​IMG]

2. theduckgirl4110

theduckgirl4110 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2013
    So egg-siting!!!!!!! [​IMG]Cheesy I know. :) I am so happy for you! I ordered ducklings. They came and I am egg-pecting two more in two days. O.K I'll stop. I definitely understand your excitement.Where did you order them from? I NEED to see pics when they arrive, so make sure you do that! [​IMG]

3. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats!!! Where did you order them from and how was Ameraucana spelled? I'm asking because most hatcheries purposely misspell Ameraucana "AmerIcana" , with an "I" so they cannot be called lairs for selling mixed bred Easter Egger chickens. New babies are always wonderful. I am a hatching addict myself.

4. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    haha I so checked that! It was with a "U" but I would have been ok with mixes too, Im not picky-- after all I started out in chickens back in 09' with rescued jungle fowl eggs I found after they mowed down a nest, all but three eggs were crushed... We lived overseas where chickens roamed free lol I ordered from Ideal bc they are only a few hours from me, I was a little disappointed bc I really wanted some crested chicks but they only offered st runs and I don't want anymore roos right now!

5. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    OF course! Pictures are my forte so I can assure you there will plenty to be had! [​IMG] I ordered from Ideal so it would be easier on the chicks. I had ducks some years back, they were so much fun!

6. bantyhen

bantyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2013
    North Carolina
    I love baby chicks.

7. theduckgirl4110

Mar 16, 2013
    I love my ducks. They are my babies lol. I think they have soo much personality. I love all baby animals!! I really am happy for you :)

8. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Aw, thanks, I love all baby animals too but chicks and ducklings well any fowl are especially sweet!

9. theduckgirl4110

Mar 16, 2013
    I think so too! I know that this is your thread and that is about chicks, but can I post just one pic of my duckling? [​IMG]

10. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Post away, as many as you like, I love photos of babies and grown alike!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by