I ordered two turkey's today.....

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Jolyn, May 11, 2009.

1. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    If i'm getting these for Thanksgiving dinner should i post in the meat bird forum or is it ok here too?

2. Jolyn

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    No info?

3. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    post in the turkey section -- ! Congratulations, you'll have a great Thanksgiving. [​IMG]

4. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I would stick with the turkey index. I have only seen meat chickens posted on the meat birds. Just what I have noticed.
    Be warned that they can steal your heart and they may not make it to the dinner table.[​IMG]

5. Jolyn

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Thank you for the replies!!!!

I'm a little scared that i'll get too attached to even have them for Thanksgiving!!! This is my first attempt at a meat bird of any kind!!!

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  6. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    They will grow quickly. They are very curious and interactive with humans too.

7. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:I have notice that they will let us 'catch' them better than the chickens, ducks and geese. They will let us walk right up to them.

8. bkvail

bkvail Chillin' With My Peeps

I never knew birds could be so hilarious. Our BBB turkeys are just a RIOT! They will follow hubby around like follow-the-leader, and square off with the dog over feed, and try to always see what we are doing. And anything red or orange is a magnet to them! LOL. Too much personality! It will be hard when butcher time comes!

9. Jolyn

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Quote:Are you going to butcher too? Or were you just saying that for when I go to butcher?

10. bkvail

bkvail Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Are you going to butcher too? Or were you just saying that for when I go to butcher?

yes, I plan to butcher 2 of my 4 before Thanksgiving. My hubby says '' you can't butcher them - you named them! They are pets now!''. Ya, but I named two of them ''Thanksgiving'' and ''Drumstick''! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by