I painted my hutch! *Picture*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I finally got around to painting my Small Chicken/Rabbit Hutch the other day! I want to paint it a different color, but for now I just gave it two coats of White Paint. [​IMG] Let me know what color you think I should paint over the white! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. urbanfarmer101

urbanfarmer101 Chillin' With My Peeps

1950 aqua blue! With a sweet, soft yellow trim. It will feel like the gingerbread house. Pretty sweet setup you've got going there.

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Thanks, I was kind of thinking "Barn Red" w/ white trimming but I dunno Barn Red is kind of "Over Done" already. [​IMG]
    My mom wants to paint it lime green [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  4. urbanfarmer101

urbanfarmer101 Chillin' With My Peeps

I live in a red and white house, with a red and white garage and a red and white barn. I am just dreaming of a different color, but it is too much dratted painting here.

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I love red and white, but everybody has a red and white coop - know what I mean?!? [​IMG]

6. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    I am painting mine Old Hunter (green) with Cabin Red trim..... to match my horse barn and shed. It sort of looks like Christmas, which I love.

7. lorihadams

lorihadams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    [​IMG] leave the white and paint black stripes on it.....make it a "jailhouse"!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

8. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I think it looks good in white. Very clean! I think it needs some wrought iron touches! [​IMG]

9. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Since you live in Texas I would leave it white. White reflects heat. You might trim it out in red but a darker color will definately make the inside hotter.

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I dunno, I always wanted to paint something and make it look nice! Believe it or not, but this is the first thing I got my dad to make me that looks good and isn't old or rusty etc. [​IMG] So I wonna make it look nice!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by