i plan on putting some ducks in this pen, but.......................

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lcwilson2010, May 30, 2010.

1. lcwilson2010

lcwilson2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Woodsfield,Ohio
    how do i make it more duck friendly. meaning it would be nice if i could put a little pool area in there or something. i had ducks before but not in a pen like this. any ideas of what i could add. i know its got to have a roof and wire but what else.??

heres the pen....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Honestly? That set up looks more like it's for rabbits, maybe chickens that you won't let out. Unless you are using the entire shed. Ducks need to be low to the ground. They don't like to climb.

If you are going to put your ducks in there at night you would have to pick them up and put them away. In the morning you would have to pick them up and bring them down to the ground. Wire alone won't be enough. They need to be enclosed with a place to nest. Something like a dog house would work. With an area for the ducks to roam you could put in a small pool. You can fence that in for them. Not sure if this information is what you are looking for. Hope it helps.

3. lcwilson2010

lcwilson2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Woodsfield,Ohio
    Quote:yes. thats exactually what i was looking for. thank you very much for all your help.

cole.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by