I Plead Insanity!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Robo, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Well I think I finally reached the point of total insanity. I didn't want to dirty up my jeans and shirt that I laid out for tomorrow so I walked outside to feed my birds in boxers and a button down with no sleeves. To top it all off I was riding a four wheeler pulling the feed trailer. Think they'll put me in an asylum yet?[​IMG]

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quick, where's my camera?

I'm not telling what Ive "dressed" in to go to the coop.

3. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Don't know about the button down being required. Almost sounds ovedressed.
    Playing in the coop in your boxers sound perfectly normal to me. A wise choice.

You had your boots on, didn't you? Really need that footgear when doing the
    fourwheeler.

As to the asylum, the first question you need to ask is do they have chickens there?
    If they don't have chickens, you need to find a better class of asylums. No chickens?
    Them people must be crazy...

4. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    If your crazy then I'm not sure what my neighbors call me [​IMG]
    I go out in my pajamas every morning to open the popdoor/feed/water the chickens and quail. So I might be a roomy with you! [​IMG]

My neighbor lady has seen me:
    Outside in pajamas messing with birds
    Towel on my head after taking a shower messing with my birds
    Walking outside barefoot messing with my birds
    Crowing to my birds

But I think the weirdest look I got is when I was having a growling match with my leghorn roo [​IMG] God I felt so embarrased!

AC

5. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    And the pics are where?!?! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

What are you talking about, that's normal. [​IMG] I've gone out in my favorite PJs and muck boots 4 sizes too big for me to a muddy field to milk colostrum from a mama goat, trying to save a kid. Just as the neighbor drove by...

7. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Playing in the coop in your boxers sound perfectly normal to me.

Um... um.... never mind [​IMG]

I don't think you are nuts!. Join the OMG (insert reason here) to run around in jammies OR not much... muck boots, feed/treats/first aid kit!
    I thought that was a normal part of animal keeping...
    but then again, I rent, live in town, keep nearly 25 chickens on a farm, along with my horses, keep tarantulas and snakes in my spare room, and have two sick chickens in my
    computer room....
    so have fun, but be safe... and don't do it in front of neighbors or relatives... a squad might pull up.​

8. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Well I worked with an older lady back in the day, and one day she didn't show up to work. I got worried about her. Later that day, I found out that her husband and been out on the porch in his boxers in the Florida Retirement Community. Somebody called the cops and whoopsy...they took him to be evaluated. [​IMG]

9. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    How about trying to herd goslings home, they were down by the railroad tracks. Ratty pink bathrobe, muck boots, old military field jacket, oops... wave hi to Amtrak as they go by... [​IMG] Sure glad that was before everybody had cell phone cameras!

10. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Quote:I have done every single one of those things. You're not alone. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by