1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I promised pic of growth on eyelid so here it is UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickabator, Feb 12, 2009.

1. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    this is what it looks like can't see it real good, not the part going down the side of my nose anyway
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  2. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    I would get it checked out by a doctor? or have you already?

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Had a patient with one of those come in yesterday.

He had been to his physician and said it was going down.

Blessings.

4. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

ouch - that looks painful. Could it be a sty?

I hope you get it looked at soon. [​IMG]

5. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    no it is not a sty. this has been on here for 3 years now. It started out as a little discoloration on the skin then started growing it covers over half of my eyelid now see the part that looks yellow on my eye lid well it is out there also and is going down my nose . At first it was about the size of maybe half of tip of your pinky finger and as you can see it has grown it was flat and now it is not. I have no clue. yes it does get sore, If my eye itches I can not scratch it I cant bump it on anything or it shoots pain straight into my brain. I almost keep a headache, and it is not only growing up it is growing inward back under my eyesocket.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  6. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

ow - 3 years - definately time to get it checked out by a dermatologist. Please please please do that as soon as you can, we dont want you to have skin cancer or anything like that... [​IMG]

7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    i had a similar thing above my eyebrow. I was told its just an ordinary type of thing but you should get it removed. Its already very large and will be a bit tricky to remove give its location. Mine was removed when smaller than the width of a pencil eraser, they just cut it off but mine was in an easier location.

ETA ; if its growing inward as well you need to get to a Dr before your vision is affected.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  8. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    my dr. won't touch it. I think it is because of no insurance. I only go to her when I am just about out of insulin. that stuff is high enough on its own. so any other trips are out of the question. All I can do is pray it goes away.

9. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Quote:I dont think its going away...I would get a second doctor to look at it....

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I don't think it will go away on its own.

I am scared for you. I have heard of things like that causing blindness. It may be time to look for a new doctor who will treat you with a payment plan.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by