I Promised Pics of My New Girls.....Come See!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Gracefulspice, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Gracefulspice

Gracefulspice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    Ok here they are. I'm pretty sure they are all girls if anyone thinks any different let me know...Please!! They are all about 9 weeks old.
    1 Buff Orpington
    2 Jersey Giants
    2 New Hampshire's?

Sit back and enjoy the show!! [​IMG]

This is our Buff Orpington she seems much taller then the others. Although she seems to like to sit for her pictures.
    [​IMG]
    Here's another of the Buff Orp. Looks kinda doveish. I think she's so pretty.
    [​IMG]
    Ok....now for the Jersy Giants. Very happy docile girls.
    [​IMG]
    Check out the feet on this one, her feet are marbled with black and yellow. The other one only has yellow on the bottom. Good way for me to tell them apart.
    [​IMG]
    OK now these I'm not too sure. When I got them she guessed New Hampshires possible RIR. I did some research on the breed and I'm thinking New Hampshires. Their feet and legs are bright yellow. Do you think New Hampshire too?
    [​IMG]
    They are much smaller then the others and seem more plump. Here's the 2 together with the Buff Orp. of course she's sitting again. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one has some white on it's wings and alot around her cheeks.
    [​IMG]
    I was hoping this picture would show the size difference, but I guess it really don't.
    [​IMG]
    We really miss our 4 original hens. [​IMG] I still think about them all the time. :aww But we love [​IMG] these new girls too and having them makes it easier for me to cope with our loss. I guess the expierence is live and learn but boy is such a hard price to pay.
    Hope you enjoyed the pics. I love looking at everyone elses. And can't wait to see more!!! [​IMG]

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Pretty, pretty girls!!! Your reds look like RIRs to me. [​IMG]

3. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

Lovely ladies! And I second the RIR vote -my NHRs at that age were much more golden orange, not so much red/mahogany. Nothin' wrong with RIRs though! [​IMG]

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    They look just like my 2 RIR"S[​IMG]

5. Gracefulspice

Gracefulspice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    Wow...that's good news about them being RIR. [​IMG] I have one now and I lost my other to a dog attack. They always hung together and joined me in the garden when I'm weeding. [​IMG] They laid the largest eggs out of all my girls. Are very sweet and want to be with me all the time. [​IMG] I can olny hope these 2 girls will be the same in personality. [​IMG]

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Good Luck with your new girls Gracefulspice! They sure are purty.

7. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    [​IMG]?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by