1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I purchased my rabbit cage today.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by obsessed, Nov 2, 2008.

1. obsessed

obsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Slidell, LA
    I finally did it. I purchased my first rabbit cages. I bought three. I bought them at bass. They were reasonably priced and after I learn more or learn what carpentry is I might build my own next time.

I intend on having a trio of meat rabbits. I talked to a breeder near by and will get one nz buck and two cal does. They will probably come in the mail next week and I should get the rabbits within a month. I am trying to sneak them past my husband [​IMG] cause he seems to think we have too many animals. These rabbits will be meat rabbits.

I researched them a year before actually going through with them and have learned a lot of info especially here and on the homestead site.

And now I have poo.... I was getting desperate for poo.... finally I have poo... or will have poo......

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I love our NZ rabbits. We got them as meat rabbits and my kids thought it was fried chicken. LOL!

I think you'll be pleased. I'm thinking about getting a Californian to mix with my NZ buck. Right now we're growing up 6 rabbits from a litter of 10 (sold 4)

3. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    You will also need a cage to put the youngun' in after they are weaned. Good luck--they are fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by