I put 19 in but, now I have a couple questions on incubating

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by henpeckedmuch, Feb 9, 2012.

1. henpeckedmuch

henpeckedmuch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    I've read several pamphlets, the incubator instructions, Murray's thread on incubating and could not find the answers.
    I have a 1502 incubator that has 3 trays that automatically turn the eggs and a brooder tray that doesn't turn.

#1 On day 18 when I put the eggs into the brooder, do I leave them in the plastic egg holder that they have been in the past 18 days or do I just lay them down in the brooder box?

#2 It is said that I'm to leave the chicks in the bottom box for 24 hrs after they hatch, Am I supposed to give them any water during that time?

#3 Can I remove the plastic egg holder, broken eggs shells ect. after they hatch but before taking the chicks out?

2. crankster76

crankster76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2011
    Kingston,Tn.
    1. lay them on there side in the hatcher to hatch . increase humidity to 75%.
    2. do not open hatcher till all hatch and are dry. period...
    3.no ..do not open.. they can live up to 72 hrs after hatch 48 hrs is normal.

3. henpeckedmuch

henpeckedmuch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Another question- Do I just lay the eggs down on their side or should I put some thing in the hatcher so as to try to stand them up?

4. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    On their side is fine. That's how I do mine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by